Saturday, December 14, 2013

"Rest in me, my child..."

For all you "Jesus Calling" lovers out there: you should know exactly what I'm talking about. How is it that this daily devotion is ALWAYS speaking right to me? The best answer I have is that its author has based each day from scripture, and scripture IS speaking to each and every one of us. For those of you who don't own "Jesus Calling" or do and haven't read today's yet, I'd like to share a little bit of the message:
"REST IN ME, MY CHILD, forgetting about the worries of the world. Focus on Me-- Emmanuel-- and let My living Presence envelop you in Peace. Tune in to My eternal security, for I am the same yesterday, today and forever... Hold my hand in deliberate dependence on Me, and I will smooth out the path before you."
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8
 REST: verb

1. to refresh oneself, as by sleeping, lying down, or relaxing.
2. to relieve weariness by cessation of exertion or labor.  
3. to be at ease; have tranquillity or peace.

4. to repose in death.  
5. to be quiet or still.  
6. to cease from motion, come to rest; stop.

7. to become or remain inactive.
8. to stay as is or remain without further action or notice: to let a matter rest.   
9. to lie, sit, lean, or be set
10. Agriculture . to lie fallow or unworked: to let land rest.

11. to be imposed as a burden or responsibility

12. to rely

13. to be based or founded

14. to be found; belong; reside 

15. to be present; dwell; linger 

16. to be fixed or directed on something, as the eyes, a gaze, etc.

17. Law. to terminate voluntarily the introduction of evidence in a case.

I often think of rest as the first definition, sleep, lying down, relax, (which is what I have tried to do these past few days- post finals). Why do I say TRY? Because, I am doing it all wrong.

Rest: [relieve weariness] [be at ease] [rely] [belong] [dwell] in ME my CHILD, forgetting about the worries of the world... for I am the same yesterday, today and forever...

While in the Christmas Season, let's strive to do exactly this. Rest, be at ease, rely, belong, dwell, in your Father, because He is the one thing that will never change. He will never forsake you. HE is the one thing you can truly rely on, and HE can relieve any weariness you have this holiday season.

These past few days I have found myself trying to rest using that first definition: sleeping, lying down, and relaxing. I haven't been able to do that very well because my mind has be running with the "worries of the world". I haven't RESTED in my Father. And silly me, because He is the only one who can truly grant us rest.

So, from me to you, rather than getting caught in the hustle and bustle of shopping, etc.:
 REST in HIM, my Brothers and Sisters.
HE will take away the worries of the world, and HE will never change!
Celebrate the birth of our Savior in just 11 short days!
For your Entertainment:
When I was Mary in the church pageant, and Olivia and Rabon were Angels!
We were so cute! and so little!
Happy birthday Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment