Wednesday, January 8, 2014

MISSIONMEXICO: Nutrition!

First of all, Feliz 2014! I hope everyone had a blessed holiday season with family and friends! I know some of you set new goals for this year, I know I have! It's taken me a little longer to get motivated though, which is why I haven't posted anything yet. I've had a disconnect. I've thought about my goals and things I need to do, but I just couldn't DO it. I know this is because my relationship with the Lord has not been at its best the past few weeks. All in all, here I am, motivated and ready to start the year!... just about a week late.

I first want to say thank you to Wade Williams- husband of Kerrie Williams. He posted a status on Facebook that absolutely melted my heart! Please read it and consider donating to this cause as well! I will post it at the bottom: Wade and Kerrie are doing some amazing things, following God's calling, and I am so happy to call them friends and family in Christ! His post woke me up from whatever funk I was in and finally motivated me to write this blog. THANK YOU WADE!

Here is my first goal: do more fundraising for Mexico and follow through with ideas God has given me!

The past few years I have slowly but surely been focusing more on health. The past few months in particular, I have been thinking of ideas to raise awareness of the importance of healthy living in Mexico! The problem is, the resources and funds are low for families to provide things that we have such easy access to! So, here is what I am doing: I have gotten an amazing offer from ARBONNE for their Vanilla protein shakes. I am trying to raise $600 to send 600 children's servings to Mexico! That is only a dollar per serving! Crazy awesome right?! So please - DONATE HERE! I took a sample to the Canal in November and they liked it! So, I promise this is a great investment!

1.There are some children who have special needs and can only receive their nutritional needs from some sort of shake such as ARBONNE's protein shakes.
2.Others will be given the opportunity to finally get their daily vitamins and minerals.
3.More importantly: students can get their nutritional needs before going to school where they can learn! Some don't get fed at school so this would be amazing for them!

WADE'S POST: Project PAOLA! Contact me directly to learn how to help this sweet girl!:


"I've got something big I want to do. Project Paola. One of our neighbor families in Mexico that are uber special to us live in one of small houses that Roy and other missionaries built years ago. These houses are small but sufficient for keeping dry. The family is a mom & dad and four girls. Three of the girls are small, 5,6,&7 years old. The oldest girl, Paola, is 14. She is smart. Really smart! She tested into a school for gifted kids and has always been first in her class. She is considered the poor girl at her school and tears flow from my eyes as I write this, thinking of the teasing that kids are so good at dishing out. However, I have a really strong feeling that she will one day bring her family out of poverty and that brings tears of joy. She is brave. So to the idea, This family all sleep in one big bed that is in their 12x24 house. It's hard for me to imagine a 14 year old girl having to sleep with her whole family every night...especially my neighbor. So, I can't stand it and have to do something about it. I want to build onto their house another room for Paola and fix some termite damage on one end of their house. I'm so compelled to see this done, that I told her the other day about the idea and I told her, it WILL be done. So if something happens to me, someone please make sure I didn't lie. Please pray for this project. It needs to happen, we just need some funds for it."
 
You have TWO great opportunities to give! Whether you have made a resolution to give more this year or not, don't miss an amazing way to do so!!!
 
1. Paola's new room!
This is sweet Paola! contact me to donate for her new room!!!


 2. ARBONNE SHAKES!!
 

I will be praying for you all as you go throughout the year. I encourage you to give more and worry less! God will do the rest!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment