Monday, November 18, 2013

Do not be anxious... but how?

Before doing my devotion this morning I had already thought of a verse and topic to write about... some things that God has really put on my heart. Just now, I read today's Jesus Calling and the same verse appeared at the end. Wow God, are you trying to speak to me or what?
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
"Instead of trying to figure things out yourself, you can relax in the Presence of the One who knows everything. As you lean on Me in trusting dependence, you feel peaceful and complete."- Jesus Calling
This Senior year and the fall semester in particular is full of "lasts". This weekend held a few of them.
  1. Last performance with the Samford A Cappella Choir. I cried like a baby.       
  2. Read about this amazing choir! 
  3. Last Samford Homecoming. I love my Samford U!
  4. Last AOII formal. ALAM and mine, sweet sisters!
  5. Last Music Education Senior Recital- Rachel and Russell!
 

 
During these last moments of our college career, we Seniors start to get, not only super emotional {every. time.} but we become ANXIOUS. Because for the first time in our lives we don't have a clue what the next year will look like. All of us like to think that the big plans we have for ourselves are going to work out, but they may not, but God assures us that he has things planned we could never imagine for ourselves!
 
plans in humble attempt to follow His call to the mission field:
  • moving to a new state
  • spending a lot of time in another county
  • using my hard- earned Samford Degree for a volunteer position at this school.
  • [AKA: no benefits. no pay. no retirement.]
  • trusting that God will provide
  • trusting my current relationship will remain strong so that we will have each other to do all these scary things with   
Why would someone ever want to do this you ask? Because God chose me to go. The title of my blog and what I try to live by is the Great Commission:
 
 
I AM anxious, scared, and nervous, but also willing, obedient, and excited for what God is doing!
Where am I going? McAllen, Texas/Reynosa, Mexico to minister to and teach these beautiful people:

I can't wait to watch these girls grow!
I can't wait to teach these girls to live for Christ!
And I can't wait to serve this family and more with my best friend and boyfriend, Jonah!
 
While this year holds a lot of lasts, tears, and goodbyes, next year is just too exciting and unknown to NOT be anxious! So how? I pray. I pray to have an open heart and open mind during this next year. I also pray for God to be with us as our team heads to Mexico for Thanksgiving and to help us live in the here and now, making disciples for our Lord!  



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment