Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blogger Status Round Two: a year in photos

 
 
I am going to try blogging again! A lot has happened and changed so first I need to bridge the gap from my last post a little over a year ago. The best way I know how is through pictures! Enjoy!
 
August 2012
 
Ellen Cornutt became Ellen Rains
 
I was a runner for a while...short lived
 
 
September 2012
 
This is Jonah Riley.
Our Friendship began after meeting
in Mexico in July :)
 
Junior Year began with amazing friends!
 
 
October 2012
 
I went back to Mexico for fall break to celebrate Arminda's Quinceañera...

 
and met her baby sister {Meliza Emily}
 
 
November 2012
 
Jonah returned to Mexico for the 2nd time,
falling in love even more with the people...
 
and he took me to the zoo when he got home!
 
 
December 2012
 
AOII formal with Jonah.
Throughout the semester our friendship grew.
We started dating and still are a year later. I am so thankful for him!
 
Christmas with this crazy and beautiful family of mine!
 
 
January 2013
 
Snow day with Cara!
 
Jonah and I went to Mount Cheaha for our first New Year's Eve.
 
 
February 2013
 
Cara and I took on the AOII step sing show!
"Where the Wild Things Are"
 
My church little {Samantha} and I led a D-group
together at Trinity UMC's Discovery Weekend!
 
 
March 2013
 
Samford Student ACDA took on Dallas for
networking and professional development!
 
Mom joined me in Mexico for the first time to meet these amazing people.
I told her on this trip about my calling to be a missionary.
{more exciting details to come!}
 
April 2013
Jonah took me to Stone Mountain in ATL for a wonderful day together!
 
Celebrating {Breanna's} birthday with Brooke!
Love these two members of my missionMexico fam!
 
 
May 2013
Celebrating the Forehand wedding with these beautiful friends!
 
Memorial day with family!
 
 
June 2013
 
Time with family at the ball-field in Georgia!
 
Jonah and I got to spend time with this family together before they moved.
I miss them so much every day!
 
 
July 2013
 
I will always cherish this precious moment praying with Saira.
Little did I know, this would be our last day together for a while.
Read more about her in my first post: mi corazón está en México
 
August 2013
 
I was given the opportunity to share my testimony and
these two mentors came to support me.
Rachel and Julie have been a huge impact on my life!
 
Wade and Kerrie moved to Mexico!
 These fellow missionaries and friends are amazing!
You can follow her at Life on a Mission
 
 
September 2013
 
I helped lead a project for Magic City Miracle, a Birmingham service day!
My awareness was raised highly of child homelessness and human trafficking in our own city! Remember to pray for those who are affected by these issues. And raise your own awareness to help identify those who need help! This is the only way that it will ever stop!
 
Fall family weekend at Samford!
 
 
October 2013
 
Over fall break I went back to Mexico and got to spend
 time with these beautiful future students of mine!
I will begin working at the girls school next August.
Read about the school and my first visit here: Oportunidad
 
I gave my Senior Recital this month! It went very
well and I was so blessed to be surrounded
 by amazing friends and family during this great milestone!
 
 
November 2013
 
Senior Homecoming with {Mandy}
 
My Senior AOII Red Rose Formal with Jonah Riley!
We had a great night with friends dancing the night away.
 
Also this month Jonah and I will go with a group to Mexico for Thanksgiving! We leave Friday night. All you prayer warriors please pray for us as we spread the love of Christ during this Thanksgiving holiday!
 
 
This year has been incredible and God has done some amazing things in my life. I can't wait to build a blogging community and be able to share with you all the journeys that are soon to come! God bless!
 
Emily
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment